BSA Troop 103
End of Summer Camp Out and Service Project
July 31 – August 1, 2015Troop 103 Scout Families- As we prepare for our End of Summer weekend here a few clarifying details:
- Permission Slip: You will find the permission slip (located on the Troop 103 Forms page) for the campout that will need to filled out/signed and accompanying each participant. Please plan to turn into Mr. Allaire at 5:00 P.M. on Friday.
- Service Project: Zach R. (Troop SPL) would like each camp participant to bring a pair of work gloves and a rake. He will focus our attention on picking up trash around the St. James UMC property as well as performing a camp fire ring clean-up.
- Scout Food: Scouts will share food costs for their Friday camping dinner. Scouts plan/shop with their patrols prior to the campout with $3.00 - $5.00 (per Scout) expected when shopping. Friday cracker-barrel and Saturday brunch will be provided.
- Adult Food: No need to worry about food or food costs. There will be adult dinner prepared and ready for participating adults around 6:00 P.M. on Friday as well as campfire cracker-barrel and of course, the much anticipated appreciation brunch.
- Camping Equipment/Quartermaster: Zach (Troop SPL) and Levi B. (Troop Quartermaster) are preparing for camping (tent and, ground cloth) and cooking equipment checkouts. Scouts - please be prepared with your equipment needs.
- Weather Forecast: We have a positive weather forecast - precipitation unlikely and pleasant 65 degree night-time temperatures.
We plan to have an outstanding End of Summer weekend and I wish to again thank all those families who have again stepped up to contribute their time, talent and treasures to support our wonderful Scouts. Thank you!
Your always appreciative Scoutmaster,